Friday, February 24, 2012
With permission from the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, sections of Louisiana Highway 18 in Edgard and Wallace will be closed between Highway 640 and the Veterans Memorial Bridge beginning Monday, February 27, 2012 and ending Friday, March 9, 2012 for filming at Evergreen and Whitney Plantations. During this time, traffic will be diverted to Hwy 3127; however, residents will have access to neighborhoods and businesses. Please stay tuned, as dates and times are subject to change based on weather conditions. Emergency responders, including fire fighters, EMTs with Acadian Ambulance Services and Sheriff’s Deputies are aware of the road closure and the detour plan.
During some of the filming, traffic will be permitted to flow on the highway with only temporary stopping of cars by St. John Parish Sheriff’s Deputies. Motorists are asked to read the electronic boards and detour signs which will be placed in various locations on the West Bank to alert drivers of road closures. “We apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused by the movie production; however, we support the film industry and thank them for choosing St. John the Baptist Parish for their location,” stated Parish President Natalie Robottom. The ferry and the Edgard Courthouse will be open for regular operations.
Below is a schedule (weather permitting) of the Highway 18 road closures as of Friday, February 24, 2012:
• Monday, Feb 27th - Full Highway Closure for prep of sand on highway - from 4am to 7pm
• Tuesday, Feb 28th - Full Highway Closure for filming. from 4am to 7pm
• Wednesday, Feb 29th - Full Highway Closure - from 4am - 7pm
• Thursday, March 1st - Full Highway Closure - from 4am - 7pm
• Friday, March 2nd – Intermittent Traffic Control - from 6am - 7pm
• Monday, March 5th - Intermittent Traffic Control - from 6am -7pm
• Tuesday, March 6th - Intermittent Traffic Control - from 6am - 7pm
• Wednesday, March 7th - Intermittent Traffic Control - from 6am - 7pm
• Thursday, March 8th - at Whitney Plantation - Full Highway Closure - from 4am to 7pm
• Friday, March 9th - Intermittent Traffic Control - from 4pm - 6am (we believe this will be night work)