St. John the Baptist Parish – With Halloween quickly approaching, Parish President Hotard and the St. John Safety Task Force have compiled safety recommendations for Trick or Treating.
- A costume mask that does not sufficiently cover the face should be replaced in favor of a regular cloth face covering.
- Do not wear a costume mask over a protective mask if it makes it hard to breathe.
- Trick-or-Treat with members of your household.
- Maintain a safe distance from others, minimum of 6 feet.
- Treats should be available by setting them on a table/tray outside instead of handing treats out individually. Avoid in-person contact.
- Have hand sanitizer available. Use hand sanitizer often and before eating and after coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid interaction with high-risk groups.
- If you are a high-risk individual avoid public interaction and leave your porch light off.
Sick? Stay Home:
- Stay home if you are sick. Do not hand out treats or trick-or-treat if you are sick.