Hurricane Delta - Advisory 5
* New updates are in bold.
Thursday, October 8, 2020 - 2:00 p.m.
- Tropical Storm & Storm Surge Warnings in effect for St. John Parish.
- Tropical Storm winds of 39-73 mph are possible as early as tomorrow morning. Rainfall, coastal flooding/surge and tornadoes remain a threat through Friday night.
- Emergency declaration in place.
- All Parish government buildings and the St. John the Baptist Parish Courthouse are closed Friday, October 9, 2020.
- All public and Catholic schools are closed Friday, October 9, 2020.
- Garbage services are running as scheduled.
- Ensure you have an emergency supply kit.
- Secure outdoor items and once trash is collected, secure bins.
- Remove debris/trash near catch basins and drains.
- Prepare for possible power outages.
Sandbag sites are closed
- Parish website at Sjbparish.com, the Government Access Channel (15/99), Facebook & Instagram.
- Text SJPWEATHER to 888-777 for the latest on Hurricane Delta.
- Monitor weather and news stations.