Hurricane Delta - Advisory 4
Wednesday, October 7, 2020 - 5:00 p.m.
- St. John is under a Tropical Storm Watch & Storm Surge Watch.
- Hurricane Delta is currently forecast to make landfall near Central/Southwest Louisiana as a major Hurricane on Friday afternoon. (This could change.)
- Rainfall, strong winds of 40 + mph and storm surge are possible in our area Thursday night - Saturday.
- Emergency declaration in place.
Prepare & Monitor
- Ensure you have an emergency supply kit at home (non-perishable food and water) for at least three days.
- Secure outdoor items and once trash is collected, secure bins.
- Remove debris/trash near catch basins and drains as well as pick up tree limbs in yards.
Sandbag sites are open until 7:00 p.m. Sandbag sites will be closed tomorrow.
- St. John Community Center - LaPlace
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station - Reserve
- Ezekiel Jackson Park - Garyville
- Juan Anthony Joseph Memorial Park - Edgard
- Wallace Fire Station
- Lucy Fire Station
- Pleasure Bend Fire Station
Pre-filled sandbags for elderly and disabled: (Limit 10 pre-filled).
- 425 Captain G. Bourgeois, LaPlace
- Parish website at Sjbparish.com, the Government Access Channel (15/99), Facebook & Instagram.
- Text SJPWEATHER to 888-777 for latest on Hurricane Delta.