Tuesday, August 30, 2016
St. John the Baptist Parish – Tropical Depression Nine is expected to move Northwest toward the mid-gulf today, then north tonight, and curve Northeast Wednesday. However, uncertainties remain with the projected track, and residents must remain alert and prepared until the threat is diminished.
• Assembling an emergency supply kit that includes essential documents, supplies and provisions.
• Reviewing hurricane evacuation maps, and selecting a route for you and your family.
• Planning how all family members and pets will evacuate safely. • Considering any special needs for individuals with disabilities or the elderly.
• Accumulating Sandbags. Sandbags are available from 8 am – 5 pm this weekend at Captain G. Bourgeois and Railroad Avenue, Garyville, Wallace and Pleasure Bend Fire Stations.
• Staying informed about changing weather conditions.
To sign up for Parish emergency alerts, visit the homepage of the St. John website at sjbparish.com and click “Stay Connected.” Additional information will be released through the Communications Department and posted on the website, Government Access Channel (15/99) and St. John Parish Facebook page as necessary.