Monday, August 18, 2014
St. John the Baptist Parish – The St. John the Baptist Business Training Center invites all certified Small & Emerging Businesses in St. John the Baptist Parish to participate in the second FastTrac training program September 10, 2014. FastTrac consists of 10-sessions aimed at providing the tools necessary for managing a successful business. Interested participants can attend a free overview and registration session from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 27th or Wednesday, September 3.
FastTrac is a nationally recognized entrepreneurial training program developed by the Kaufman Foundation, a recognized leader in entrepreneurship. The program will begin Wednesday September 10, 2014 with classes being held on Wednesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. All classes will be held at the St. John Business Training Center located in the SCL Technical College at 181 Regala Park Rd. in Reserve. At a value of $1125, the cost is only $100 to local businesses. Only $10 per session!
Three critical outcomes of the FastTrac program are: PERSONAL – to experience a planning process to build confidence and understand business ownership; INTERNAL – to ensure alignment of all aspects of the business; and EXTERNAL – to communicate goals to external parties. Building a business to withstand the test of time requires a unique set of tools. Through FastTrac, participants will have the tools to respond to changes that can impact their business and to build an actionable business plan.
During the program participants will receive:
• Practical business education to build a profitable and sustainable business
• A Program workbook
• Life time access to online FastTrac toolkit
• An assigned business coach during the program
• Free unlimited assistance from LSBDC business consultants
Upon completion of the program participants will:
• Have a completed business plan that can be used to access funding
• Be eligible to apply for a business loan with the Louisiana Federal Credit Union
• Be eligible to apply for funding assistance for selected managerial and technical assistance projects.
• Gained valuable business skills and tools with strategies that can be implemented immediately
Interested participants can also contact Dr. Mike Cusack, Fastrac Program Manager, at 504-352-0230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
10 Session Schedule
|Wednesday, September 10||Wednesday, October 15|
|Wednesday, September 17||Wednesday, October 22|
|Wednesday, September 24||Wednesday, October 29|
|Wednesday, October 1||Wednesday, November 5|
|Wednesday, October 8||Wednesday, November 12|
The Business Training Center is a partnership of St. John the Baptist Parish Economic Development, Louisiana Economic Development, Louisiana Small Business Development Center and the South Central Louisiana Technical College.