For more hurricane information, review the Hurricane Brochure
Residents with medical disabilities or special needs are asked to call the Office of Emergency Preparedness at (985) 536-4955 to register for evacuation plans in advance.
In the event of an emergency, sandbags will be available as needed. Locations and times will be released during each event. Residents can also call 985-652-9569 in the event of an emergency.
Helpful Insurance Information
Take time to make an inventory of your household items for insurance purposes. Upload your pictures and documents at https://www.knowyourstuff.org/iii/login.html
- Visit our website for regular updates - www.sjbparish.com
- Sign up for Email Alerts on Parish Website
- Sign up for the Blackboard Emergency Alerts
- Stay tuned to Government Access Channel (15 RTC/COMCAST, 99 UVERSE)
- Call 985-652-2222 for parish emergency information
- Listen to WWL 870 am Radio
- Call 211 for state wide emergency info
- Other emergency links
NOTICE: Due to the recent fire incident at East St. John Elementary, Emergency Responders have made changes to the Point-to-Point evacuation plans. Should a mandatory evacuation be issued, the new evaucation registration site will be Emily C. Watkins Elementary School located at 938 Highway 628 in LaPlace. Persons without transportation can be picked up at St. John the Baptist Church in Edgard or St. Peter Church in Reserve to be transported to Emily C. Watkins Elementary School for registration and evacuation transportation. Residents can also be dropped off at Emily C. Watkins School for registration and evacuation.